Sunday 18 January 2009

what the hell is art?

This is a big question and its driving me nuts!

I've thought about it some since we talked in class and its.....

A lot of things..........different meanings for different people............my daughter said "its pens and pencils, anything that goes nicely together, colours and mixing things."

My initial thoughts are that art is :-

CREATIVITY
telling a story
energy
THE
STEPS
THAT
WE TAKE TO make...
a zone in my mind
a tool to communicate a message

IF ANYONE ONE OUT THERE HAS AN OPINION ON "WHAT ART IS?" any feedback is very much appreciated....lets get this discussion up and running!

The collins compact dictionary - ART is skill, human skill as oppossed to nature. Creative skill in painting, poetry, music etc. One who practices fine art, esp. painting... uhuh!

The webster dictionary published in 1827 -

No comments:

Post a Comment